As bloggers we share the parts of ourselves that we want to share. All our favourite recipes, the things we like, the advice we have. And sometimes that can create an image of ‘we have it all figured out’. And we haven’t. Not at all. Not everyday. We, just like you, have days (am I saying days? weeks even!) when it all seems a little bit too much.
It’s all too much
With work, a blog, family, friends, cooking, groceries and everything else on our to-do lists, our own Sunday Feeling vibes are sometimes hard to find. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed by all the work that needs to be done, by all the responsibilities we have, by everything and everyone we feel like we have to keep up with. And when it all gets to be just too much we shut down like anyone else. But then there’s a shimmer of light, a bit of hope. Practice what you preach! We remind ourselves to look at our blog, try to turn it around, create that Sunday Feeling whenever we can. And so can you!
Bye bye, stress!
When I was thinking about writing this blogpost I thought about the things that really, truly, help me when I’m feeling stressed and overwhelmed by life. Things that I can easily put into practice and that have helped to get rid of feeling stressed out.
- Stop. Pause. Realise you’re feeling stressed. What triggers these feelings? What can you do to prevent this from happening? Remember that you’re not alone. It’s totally a human thing to feel stressed from time to time.
- Take a look at your agenda. Prioritise what’s truly important to you and cancel what’s not. Add things to your agenda that give you energy instead of draining you. Create as much breathing space as possible. Saying no to things is OK!
- Take care of yourself. Take at least half an hour a day to re-energise, take a bath, relax, wind down. Create that Sunday Feeling whenever possible. Be mindful and conscious about this. Do you have more time to do this? Take it. Have some fun!
- Talk and/or write. Talk about your feelings with someone (friend, mom, anyone you feel comfortable with). Not only can it feel like a relieve to share your feelings. They might have some advice, they might be able to help. Don’t have someone to talk to (or don’t feel comfortable)? Write down your thoughts on paper. It might change your perspective!
- Make a list. Or two, or three. Sometimes we can feel like we have so much to do, too much! But when you write these activities down on paper, not only does it create space in your head (you don’t have to think about forgetting it anymore), you can also prioritise what’s important and what can be done another time or not at all. Making a list helps me feel like I’m in control. And often, when I feel overwhelmed by all the things I have to do, by making a list I realise it’s doable after all.
- Get enough sleep. I love sleeping, I’m good at sleeping. But, when I feel stressed I often stay up later than usual to get things done (or to worry and overthink). Getting enough sleep is so important for your body and mind. Especially when you’re feeling stressed and tired. Trouble sleeping? Drink herbal tea before bed and breathe slowly and deeply. It helps you relax.
If you’re feeling stressed, it’s ok, we all do sometimes. But don’t forget to do something about it. Life is too beautiful to let your emotions and thoughts ruin it. We’d love to hear your thoughts on stress in the comments or on Facebook.
What helps you to get rid of stress?